2022 Cultural Arts Competition
"Age is Just a Number" Virtual Talent and Art Contest - Enter by April 15, 2022 for judging to win $$$!
To get into the swing of things in spring of 2022, Age Well Forsyth is reprising our fun and challenging contest for our active adults, with cash prizes (and of course the corresponding ribbons).
The topic of this contest is “Age is Just a Number”. When you think of this stage of life, what are you doing (or would like to do) to show that "age is just a number", and it isn't stopping you from doing and enjoying life to the utmost. This contest lets you express your idea and make it come to life by entering ONE of the following three contest categories:
ARTS (Painting, drawing, sculpture, wood, mixed media, craftwork, etc) (submit photo)
THEATRE ARTS (Singing, dancing, instrumentals, piano, drama, comedy, storytelling) (submit video)
WRITING (poetry, song lyrics, stories, etc) (submit Word document or PDF (1,000 words or less))
In EACH category, prizes will be awarded: 1st Prize is $100, 2nd Prize is $75, 3rd Prize is $50
Here are the very simple rules:
1. You must be a senior (55 or older) and a resident of Forsyth County
2. Your entry must clearly ADHERE to the contest theme, otherwise it will not be considered.
3. You can enter only one category; one entry per person
4, Entry must be new (not entered in previous contests)
5. Deadline for submission is April 15, 2022
Complete your form data when submitting your entry, below - submit your entry by uploading a file (PDF, Word document, or JPEG or PNG image, maximum 20Mbyte size). To submit a video, first submit entry information in the AgeWell form below, but the Video file (max of 200Mbytes) must be uploaded at AgeWell’s WeTransfer site, detailed instructions below.
To complete the entry form below, fill out your name, email address, mailing address, phone, and in the "Category Entry" window area, put “AgeWell Cultural Competition 2022, category xxxx”, where xxx indicates the category you are entering. For box instruction details, hover over the “?” icon. Attached document or image files there. Videos must be submitted separately on a different website (see details below), but complete this form with the added note “Video submitted through WeTransfer”. Note that if you are submitting a video, you still need to attach a file here - it could be a Word document with a more detailed description, or a screenshot or image from the video.
So get moving! Have fun! Fill in that time you are sitting at home and do something creative. Questions, call 404-245-7949
Instructions for submitting a video (in addition to a photo or PDF submitted below):
After completing the entry form below, you must go to a separate site to submit the video file. (Note that the form below does require you to submit a file here, so it can be any static image or file as a placeholder.) To perform the actual video file submission, you will need ready access to your own email account to verify your identity via a sent passcode. Maximum file size is 200Mbytes, please limit length to three (3) minutes of video or less.
- Go to this website URL: https://sharingourlives.wetransfer.com
- Use the entry box on the left side of the screen: Enter your email address, and enter “AgeWell 2022 Cultural Competition, category xxxx” in the Message space.
- Click on the PLUS sign to add your file. Once done, the “Transfer” button will highlight, indicating the message is ready to send. Click on “Transfer”. You will immediately receive an email at the address you entered to verify your identity.
- When you receive the email with the code, enter the code in the box on the WeTransfer screen, then click “Verify”. The upload should occur immediately, and you will see a “Done” message in the box when complete.