A little late, but here's a recap of our activities in 2022:
* Provided dog food/cat food for MOW participants.
* Provided incontinence products for MOW participants.
* Provided a $5,000 grant for the expenses of the "Sunshine Alzheimer's Club'' at Sexton Hall and for the tuition of those that cannot pay for the service.
* Provided a $5000 grant for the Meals on Wheels unfunded meals. (This may
exceed the $5000 amount in times of need.)
* Provided money for needed expenditures for MOW participants. (This includes blankets, Ensure; fans, microwaves to heat meals, etc.)
* Provided fresh fruit and vegetables for MOW participants every other week as needed or suggested by Senior staff in charge.
* Held a Valentine Dance for the active seniors with a DJ, food, door prizes, and entertainment.
* Board member(s) sent a little gift to MOW people every holiday
* Participated in the Senior Expo at the Forsyth Convention Center
* Financial sponsor of the Senior Expo.
* Provided a Cultural Arts contest with many categories and cash prizes.
* Took 42 Seniors on a bus trip with Diamond tours to "The Ark".
* Funded four Senior Grant proposals which included building deck ramps and patching roofs for individual seniors in need.
* Took 38 seniors to Memphis with Diamond Tours in September.
* Had a September "Hoe Down" Party for active seniors at Sexton Hall. Age Well provided the deserts, door prizes, music, and the teacher for line dancing. ( One of our Board members, Cindy Bowman, volunteered. She teaches dance.)
* Took 38 Seniors on a bus trip with Diamond Tours to the Biltmore House in
* Arranged travel for 7 Seniors to go with Collette to Italy in September 2022.
* Participated in a Community Service Fund Raiser for AgeWell, the Historical Society, and the Senior Center, a "Haunted History Tour" of the Cumming Cemetery - over 200 people enjoyed!
* Provided pies for the November Thanksgiving feast at Central Hall.
* Provided a Thanksgiving meal for all Meals On Wheels participants.
* Provided a Christmas meal for all MOW participants including Christmas cards and candy canes.
* Provided 37 Kroger gift cards for all the Meals On Wheels volunteers.